I am a freelance editor, writer and Tolkien apologist based in Melbourne, Australia.
- Senior Consultant at Red Pony Communications
- Sub-editor for Oberon Magazine, international periodical on contemporary art
- Sub-editor at high-end architecture publisher Uro Media
- Writer of speculative fiction
- Editor at Listverse
- Contributor to Unpaved, where I wrote about country, folk & bluegrass music
- Sub-editor for Das Superpaper, Emerging and Contemporary Art media project
I have also copy-edited many books on history and culture, including the recently published Making Chinese Australia: Urban elites, newspapers and the formation of Chinese-Australian identity, 1892–1912.
One of the best parts of editing is the opportunity to learn about incredibly diverse topics. Did you know there is a snail that builds itself iron armour by absorbing particles arising from hydrothermal vents? Amazing.